TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to Cultivate Prayer, located at http://cultivateprayer.com (the Web site). Materials on this Network are owned, for the most part, by Dr. Karen Braun, and may also include materials owned by third parties and posted on the Network by virtue of a license, grant, or some other form of agreement between the third party and Cultivate Prayer. I.E. the FACTS acronym is used by permission from Power To Change.
Cultivate Prayer has created this network to encourage and foster a culture of prayer behavior and practice both individually and corporately. This Terms of Service (Agreement) state the terms and conditions under which you may access and use the Web site. By accessing and using the Web site you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not access or use the Web site. If you are dissatisfied with the terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, Statement of Faith, or practices of the Cultivate Prayer operating website your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using it.
All materials displayed or otherwise accessible through the Web site, including, without limitation, articles, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, computer software and code (collectively, the Content) are protected under Canadian and foreign copyright or other laws, and are owned by Cultivate Prayer, its licensors or the party accredited as the provider of the Content. In addition, the Web site is protected under copyright law as a collective work and/or compilation pursuant to Canadian and foreign laws. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, and restrictions on or contained in any of the Content accessed through the Web site. Any use, reproduction, alteration, modification, public performance or display, uploading or posting onto the internet, transmission, redistribution or other exploitation of the website or of any content, whether in whole or in part, other than expressly set out herein, is prohibited without the express written permission of Cultivate Prayer.
These Terms outline that responsibility on the part of our interactive* community. The term *Interactive* covers all areas of the site where users are allowed to participate by submitting content. This includes, but is not limited to use of the One Voice Prayer Room, blogs, photo/music uploads, comment forms, registration, sponsorship, feedback mechanisms, purchases and subscription services. By using any of our interactive areas, you agree to follow the stated Agreement and all guidelines stated therein. We assume that Interactive users have read and agreed to these Terms and, by occasional rereading of them, be aware of changes and updates to the text.
In any community, there are certain expectations of acceptable behavior. Cultivate Prayer encourages online community characterized by love, grace, truth and accountability. We want to foster prayers of agreement for significant and focused spiritual breakthroughs. While we ask that each participant extend respect and understanding toward those who hold other views, we reserve the right to limit content or involvement which is inconsistent with our Policies and Statement of Faith. By participating in any interactive area of the site, you are agreeing to these terms.
We strive to provide a safe and sensitive interactive Prayer Room environment. However, you participate at your own risk. While we are committed to maintaining respect and good manners, our interactive areas are designed for adults. We cannot be responsible for the safety of children and youth. Children under the age of 13 will be asked to leave the room. We accept those 16 of age and older.
However, you are only authorized to access this Network or to use the materials contained on the Network (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws, and to these Terms of Service which constitute an Agreement between you and Cultivate Prayer. Please read these Terms of Service carefully.
Cultivate Prayer reserves the right to modify or amend this Agreement without notice at any time. It is therefore important that you read this page regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes. Use of the Web site after such changes are posted will signify your agreement to these revised terms. Any questions or concerns with this Network, or awareness of misuse of this Network by any person, should please contact the Network Administrator at [email protected] with your concerns. Thank you.
Any consent by Cultivate Prayer to, or waiver of, a breach of this Agreement which you have committed, whether express or implied, shall not constitute a consent to, or waiver of, any other, different or subsequent breach. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any right or obligation hereunder. If any term or provision of this is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, it shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force without being invalidated in any way. This Agreement is not intended to create a partnership, joint venture, or agency relationship between the parties. Except for any agreements with Cultivate Prayer that expressly reference this Agreement, this is the entire agreement between you and Cultivate Prayer relating to the matters contained herein.
Disclaimer of Liability and Warranties
While Cultivate Prayer does its best to ensure the optimal performance of this Network, by accessing and using the web site you acknowledge and agree that use of the web site and the content is entirely at your own risk. The web site and all content are provided “as is” and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, are provided without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Cultivate Prayer makes no representations or warranties regarding the web site and the content, including, without limitation, no representation or warranty:
- that the web site and/or content will be accurate, complete, reliable, suitable or timely;
- that any content, including, without limitation, any information, data, software, product or service contained in or made available through the web site will be of merchantable quality or fit for a particular purpose;
- that the operation of the web site will be uninterrupted or error free;
- that defects or errors in the web site will be corrected;
- that the web site will be free from viruses or harmful components; and
- that communications to or from the web site will be secure or not intercepted.
Subject to applicable law, in no event shall Cultivate Prayer, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors or their respective successors and assigns, be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any loss or damages in the nature of or relating to lost business, lost savings, lost date, and/or lost profits, regardless of the cause and whether arising in contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence) or otherwise. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if Cultivate Prayer knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
In no event shall Cultivate Prayer, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors or their respective successors, and assigns, be liable for damages under this agreement, whether arising in contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence) or otherwise, exceeding one hundred Canadian dollars (C$100) even if Cultivate Prayer has been advised or ought to have know of the possibility of such damages.
In no event shall Cultivate Prayer, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors or their respective successors and assigns, be liable for any loss or damage arising from the failure of Cultivate Prayer or your failure to protect your password or account information.
Cultivate Prayer expressly disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omission or conduct of any third-party user of the web site or any advertiser or sponsor of the website (collectively, third-party user). Under no circumstances shall Cultivate Prayer and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, be liable for any injury, loss, damage (including special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages) or expense arising in any manner whatsoever from:
- the acts, omissions or conduct of any third-party user: and
- any use or inability to use any materials, software, content, goods or services located at or made available at any web site linked to or from the web site.
If you decide to access or use any linked web site or content, materials, software, goods or services from a web site linked to the web site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
You hereby release Cultivate Prayer and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and their respective successors and assigns, from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available through the web site or by third parties through the web site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Cultivate Prayer, its parents and affiliates together with their respective volunteers, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all the liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of your use of this Network, your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement or your breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties.
Cultivate Prayer contains links or pointers to third-party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and no inference, assumption or endorsement should be made or implied that Cultivate Prayer is connected with, operates, or controls these web networks. Cultivate Prayer is not responsible for the content of any third-party web site, nor does it make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding any third-party web site including, without limitation
- any representation or warranty regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, suitability of any content on any third-party web site;
- any representation or warranty regarding the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any material, content, software, goods or services located at or made available through such third-party web sites; or
- any representation or warranty that the operation of the third-party web sites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such third-party websites will be corrected or that such third-party websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components. When visiting other web networks you should refer to Web networks individual ‘Terms of Service’ and not rely on this Agreement.
While Cultivate Prayer encourages links to the Web site, it does not wish to be linked to or from any third-party web site which:
- contains, posts or transmits any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law, regulation which may be damaging or detrimental to the activities, operations, credibility or integrity of Cultivate Prayer or which contains, posts or transmits any material or information of any kind which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons; or
- contains, posts or transmits any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. Cultivate Prayer reserves the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to the Web site, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the foregoing nature, at any time. You agree to remove any link you may have to the Web site upon the request of Cultivate Prayer.
Posting Links on Cultivate Prayer
We allow users to post helpful links in our interactive areas with the following conditions:
- Links must be consistent with the purpose of the site, including links to personal Blogs.
- Links may not be advertising or considered advertising. Links to personal sites of business are not permitted.
- Repeated posting of a link or posting of links that is disruptive to any conversation is not appropriate and will be considered spamming. This may result in banning.
- When a Facilitator/Administrator requests that links to not be posted, please honor that request.
- Third party links are not necessarily endorsed by the host of this site. Please use discernment when reviewing links given to you by others.
Please note that information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecured and Cultivate Prayer cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Web site or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information.
All software embedded in or located on or at the Web site, including, without limitation, all computer code of all types, including all files and/or images contained in or generated by such software (Software) is protected by copyright and may be protected by other rights. All such Software is owned by Cultivate Prayer, its licensors or the party accredited with ownership of such Software. You are hereby granted the right to access and use the Software embedded and integrated into the Web site, subject to
- the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and
- any additional conditions which may be imposed on your access and use of such Software.
If the Web site provides Software for download, unless otherwise provided, you are hereby granted, subject:
- to the terms of this Agreement and
- to any other terms and conditions that may apply to your downloading and use of such Software, a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to;
- install and run one copy of the Software in object-code format on a non-networked computer for your personal, non-commercial use; and
- to reproduce the Software only as reasonably required to install, run and make reasonable backup copies as allowed by law.
Except to the extent expressly permitted in this Agreement, you may not:
- use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, upload, download or transmit the Software in whole or in part;
- sell, rent, lease, license, transfer or otherwise provide access to the Software;
- alter, remove or cover any trademarks or proprietary notices included in the Software; and/or
- decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract or reverse engineer the Software or assist others in doing so.
Nothing contained in the Web site shall be construed as granting you any right, title, interest or other license in or to any Software embedded or integrated into the Web site or made available for download from the Web site, including, but not limited, to any intellectual property rights in the Software.
All Software embedded or integrated into the Web site is provided As Is, without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty
- that the Software is of merchantable quality or is fit for any particular purpose;
- that the Software will conform with any specification(s) relating to the Software;
- that the Software will be free from material defects;
- that the Software contains no computer viruses or other contaminants; or
- that the Software shall process date-related and time-related data without causing any processing interruptions, abnormal termination or process or manipulate any time-related data.
The Web site may allow you to purchase different types of products and services online that are provided by Cultivate Prayer (the Wares and Services). When ordering Wares and Services on the Web site, you must provide complete and accurate personal information consisting of your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information and shipping address, as well as any other information requested.
Your receipt of an electronic form or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Your submission of an order to us shall be deemed to constitute an offer to purchase, which shall remain open for a reasonable time, unless we agree otherwise, and will be deemed to be accepted by us only upon shipment of the Wares and Services. Cultivate Prayer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Cultivate Prayer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, to accept or decline your order for any reason.
You acknowledge and agree that the price of the Wares and Services is subject to change without notice and that the Wares and Services are subject to availability. The sale of the Wares and Services is void where prohibited by law. Cultivate Prayer, in its sole discretion, shall have the right, at any time after receipt of your order, to decline your order for any reason. In the event that the Wares and Services are listed at an incorrect price, due to a typographical error or an error in pricing information, Cultivate Prayer, in its sole discretion, shall have the right at any time after receipt of your order, to decline your order.
The Web site may allow you to purchase different types of products and services online that are provided by third parties (the Third-Party Merchandise). Cultivate Prayer is not responsible for the legality, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of any Third-Party Merchandise. If you make a purchase from a third-party web hosted by the Web site or linked from the Web site, the information obtained during your visit to any third-party web site and the information that you give, such as your credit card number and contact information, is collected by the third-party web site and not by Cultivate Prayer.
You release Cultivate Prayer and its officers, directors, employees, agents and their respective successors and assigns from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them, arising from your purchase or use of the Wares and Services or Third-Party Merchandise made available on the Web site or by third-party web sites through the Web site.
To use certain features of the Web site, you may be asked to register with the Web site. You agree
- to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form; and
- to maintain and promptly update the information you provide to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
Cultivate Prayer may at any time, without notice, in its sole discretion and without cause, terminate your right to access or use the Web site, (or any portion thereof). Cultivate Prayer may also terminate your right to access and use the Web site, or any part of the Web site, if you breach any term or condition of this Agreement.
Cultivate Prayer, One Voice Prayer Room and Weekly Encouragement are official marks or trademarks of the Cultivate Prayer Corporation. Other names, words, titles, phrases, logos, designs, graphics, icons and trademarks displayed on the Web site may constitute registered or unregistered trademarks of Cultivate Prayer or third parties. While certain trademarks of third parties may be used by Cultivate Prayer under license, the display of third-party trademarks on the Web site should not be taken to imply any relationship or license between Cultivate Prayer and the owner of said trademark or to imply that Cultivate Prayer endorses the wares, services, or business of the owner of said trademark. Nothing contained on the Web site should be construed as granting you any license or right to use any trademark logo or design of Cultivate Prayer or any third party, without the written permission of Cultivate Prayer or the respective owner of any third-party trademark.
The information contained on the Web site is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting, tax, investment, financial, medical, or other advice to you, and you should not rely upon the information to provide any such advice.
You, the User, in the ONE VOICE Prayer Room
Our Interactive areas are public. Some areas require registration. All Interactive areas are subject to monitoring by a team of facilitators/moderators/administrators. Please note that all prayer/chat conversation may be monitored by a team member or transcript. A monitor may be present even if you do not see an administrative nick on a user list.
- Our site is not to be used for any unlawful purpose, any posting of foul, vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit language, racial epithets or hateful words, or variations on such words spelled so as to suggest such words.
- Nicknames that are inappropriate will be banned. Some users may be asked to change the nick at the discretion of the interactive administrators. (Names with sexual connotations are not permitted.)
- Consistent disruption of focused dialogue or acting in a manner that negatively affects other members will not be permitted.
- During scheduled topic chats, we ask that all comments and questions pertain to the discussion at hand.
- We reserve the right to respond to the violation of any of the above Terms of Service.
- We reserve the right to edit or delete any interactive material that is in violation of our Terms of Service.
- The opinions expressed are **not necessarily** those of the host site or administrators.
Prayer Facilitators, Monitors
Cultivate Prayer’s facilitators and monitors, known as administrators, are appointed by our Directors to lead and facilitate discussion in our interactive areas. They direct the ONE VOICE prayer/chat dialogue and it is also their responsibility to deal with disrupters. For their protection and the protection of the room, administrator’s user names are not revealed in open prayer/chat. If you happen to know one of their user names, please respect their privacy and protection by not discussing this with other users or revealing this information in open chat at ANY time.
The Monitor will occasionally visit the chat room and is part of our administrative team. Please comply with all requests made by the Monitor. (The prayer/chat feedback form may be used to address any concerns to the site.)
While we hope that you will be encouraged and helped by the resources offered on this site, please be aware that it is not a counseling service. By submitting a question or comment, you agree that neither the facilitator, the publishers of this web site, its affiliates, volunteers, staff or sponsors are responsible for any situation that occurs as a result of, or is negatively influenced by, responses or answers given.
Responses in facilitation reflect the personal experience and beliefs of the facilitator. While all facilitators are screened and every precaution is taken, the publishers of this site, its affiliates, staff, or sponsors cannot be held responsible for any situation that occurs as a result of, or is negatively influenced by, the facilitator’s responses or answers given.
Your question and our answer, if posted may be edited and posted online. Your name and any identifying details would be removed before the question is posted. If you would prefer your question not be posted, please indicate this in your original conversation.
Every attempt will be made to answer all questions in a timely fashion; however we cannot guarantee an immediate response and we reserve the right to discard, unanswered, any question deemed to be unsuitable at our discretion.
You are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages to the One Voice Prayer Room or other public areas within, or in connection with, this Network. However, Cultivate Prayer reserves the right to moderate all messages.
Messages submitted are not necessarily reviewed by Cultivate Prayer prior to posting and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Cultivate Prayer. Cultivate Prayer makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of the Messages in the One Voice Prayer Room or the accuracy and reliability of any Messages and other materials in the One Voice Prayer Room, Blogs or any other interactive operation. Nonetheless, Cultivate Prayer reserves the right to prevent you from submitting Materials and to edit, restrict or remove such Messages for any reason at any time.
Cultivate Prayer assumes no responsibility for actively monitoring Online use of cultivateprayer.com for inappropriate messages. If at any time Cultivate Prayer chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the One Voice Prayer Room, Blogs, Cultivate Prayer nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content of the Messages, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Messages, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any Message. In submitting Messages to Cultivate Prayer, you agree to strictly limit yourself to discussions about the subject matter for which the One Voice Prayer Room, Blogs are intended. You agree that Cultivate Prayer accepts no liability whatsoever if it determines to prevent your Messages from being submitted or if it edits, restricts or removes your Messages.
You agree that you will not submit Messages to cultivateprayer.com that:
- are unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent including any communication that constitutes (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any local, provincial, state, national or international law;
- violate the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any other person. By submitting Messages to One Voice Prayer Room, you represent to Cultivate Prayer that you are the rightful owner of such material or that you have first obtained permission to submit the material from the rightful owner;
- improperly assume or claim the identity, characteristics or qualifications of another person;
- contain personal/contact information
- are for purposes of spamming;
- contain any virus or other harmful component;
- are libellous, or an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or any other third party rights; or
- are for commercial purposes or contain advertising or are intended to solicit a person to buy or sell services or to make donations.
You agree that any Message whatsoever submitted by you becomes the property of Cultivate Prayer and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, edited, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed, published, displayed or deleted as Cultivate Prayer sees fit.
You agree to release Cultivate Prayer, its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, officers, directors and shareholders, from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from your use of the One Voice Prayer Room. If at any time you are not happy with the One Voice Prayer Room or object to any material within the One Voice Prayer Room, your sole remedy is to cease using it.
The Web site may provide features that allow you to post messages, content, and blogs, to interact with Cultivate Prayer and other users and to upload files, documents or other materials (collectively, Submissions). When using any of the features of the Web site which allow you to post, upload or make Submissions, it is a condition of your use of the Web site that you observe the rules of netiquette and that you do not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web site, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper workings of the site or do anything which in the sole discretion of Cultivate Prayer imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Cultivate Prayer website infrastructure;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any Submission constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation;
- post or transmit any Submission, including, without limitation, articles, images, stories, software or other material, which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by any intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, copyright, patent, trade secret, trademark or other proprietary rights herein, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder;
- post or transmit any Submission that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons;
- post or submit any Submission which solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- post or transmit any Submission which contains a virus or other harmful component, or provides or creates computer viruses;
- post or transmit junk mail, chain letters, unsolicited mass mailing or spam; or
- use the Web site for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, posting, uploading or transmitting any Submissions which contain advertising or which engage in commercial activities and/or sales, or which involve contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and/or pyramid schemes.
By posting or uploading Submissions to the Web site, you grant Cultivate Prayer a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
- use, reproduce, store, adapt, translate, modify, make derivative works from, transmit, distribute, publicly perform or display such Submissions for any purpose; and
- to sub-license to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights.
In addition to the grant of the above license, you hereby
- agree to waive all moral rights in any Submission in favor of Cultivate Prayer;
- consent to your name, address and e-mail appearing as the contributor of any Submission, where applicable, and to the disclosure and/or display of such information and any other information which appears in or is associated with a Submission;
- acknowledge and agree that Cultivate Prayer is not responsible for any loss, damage, or corruption that may occur to your Submissions; and
- acknowledge and agree that any Submissions you provide for display on the Web site will be considered non-confidential.
Cultivate Prayer is not responsible for the content of any Submission. Submissions represent the views and opinions of the person(s) posting the Submission and do not represent the views or opinions of Cultivate Prayer.
While Cultivate Prayer is under no obligation to investigate any complaint regarding any Submission, it may, in its sole discretion, investigate complaints and take any actions it deems appropriate in the circumstances, including, without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Web site and terminating the submitting party’s right to access and use the Web site (or any portion thereof).
If Cultivate Prayer authorizes in writing that you may use Content to create new content, including for example and without limitation, a “mash-up” for a Cultivate Prayer contest or promotion, and which for the avoidance of doubt you acknowledge, unless explicitly stated otherwise, is intended to be a Submission pursuant to this section, (“Derivative Content”), you agree that the Derivative Content shall be fully and immediately communicated to Cultivate Prayer and become Cultivate Prayer’s sole and absolute property. You irrevocably assign, transfer, and abandon all of your rights, titles, and interests in and to the Derivative Content to Cultivate Prayer. Accordingly, Cultivate Prayer has the exclusive right to implement and authorize any provision under any law pertaining to intellectual property, including without limitation, the right to protect in its own name, as owner and author, the Derivative Content and any of its derivatives under law. Further, you agree that you may not use the Derivative Content, except as specifically indicated in writing by Cultivate Prayer.
Access and Use
All materials contained on this Network are protected by international trademark and copyright laws and must only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. This means that you may only view or download material from this Network for your own use and you must keep all copyright and other proprietary notices attached to the downloaded material.
The reproduction, duplication, distribution (including by way of e-mail, facsimile or other electronic means), publication, modification, copying or transmission of material from this Network is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless you have obtained the prior written consent of Cultivate Prayer or unless it is expressly permitted by this Network. The material covered by this prohibition includes, without limitation, any text, graphics, logos, photographs, audio or video material or stills from audiovisual material available on this Network. The use of materials from this Network on any other Web network or networked computer environment is similarly prohibited. Requests for permission to reproduce or distribute in digital form the online materials found on this Network can be made by contacting Cultivate Prayer in writing at [email protected]
You are also strictly prohibited from creating works or materials that derive from or are based on the materials contained on this Network including, without limitation, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper and unlicensed merchandise. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the derivative materials are sold, bartered or given away.
It is the policy of Cultivate Prayer to respond to claims of intellectual property infringement. Cultivate Prayer will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take any actions, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate. Notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to [email protected].
To be effective, the notification of infringement must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law and;
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on this Network, and the compilation of such material, is Copyright 2011 Cultivate Prayer. Many of the articles on this site are owned by the authors and used with permission. If you want to request reprint permission or have a question about copyright or possible infringement, please contact [email protected].
To use certain features of the Web site, you may also need a username and password, which you will receive through the One Voice Prayer Room or Website registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to notify Cultivate Prayer immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Cultivate Prayer cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Cultivate Prayer’s failure or your failure to protect your password or account information.
Any one of the following activities will be viewed as slander/gossip/dissension, and may result in a ban.
- Emailing or discussion regarding the decisions of the administrators with other users in a negative combative way.
- Discussing other users in any negative or unkind way. (i.e. gossip).
- Sharing news about others without their explicit permission, whether the news is positive or negative. Allow people to share their own stories. If another user has asked you to share a message for them, please be sure to let the room know that you are sharing at their request. Be sure that the content of the message is in keeping with the purposes of the room.
- Attacking another user in any way, whether it is under your normal user name or with a different user name is strictly forbidden.
- If you have an issue with another user, please try to resolve it between you and the person. If that is not possible, then please take it to the leadership of the site using Prayer/Chat Feedback. Do not bring a private matter to a public forum such as prayer/chat or a blog.
- Entering a prayer/chat room as multiple users at the same time may result in immediate expulsion.
The following attitudes will help to make our interactive areas a safe place for all visitors. Violation in these matters will result in a letter of reprimand, but continued activity in any of these areas may result in banning.
- Be culturally sensitive. Enjoy learning from others and apply grace. We have visitors from around the world, from many various perspectives and cultures. Please offer grace to each other.
- The purpose of our interactive areas is not debate.
- Don’t flood any interactive area with repeated or long messages, preventing others from participating in the conversation.
- Be considerate in the timing and use of humor.
- Do not develop email lists or include users on email lists without their express permission. Email addresses are considered private information. Subscription to our official site newsletter is available through the subscription link at the top of the screen.
- Do not press your point of view regarding someone’s problem to the point that it is argumentative. People are free to make their own decisions. Opinions are welcome; to make negative comments when the person chooses not to agree is not acceptable, even if it is an important decision.
- Private Chat: The private chat feature is limited to use by the administrative team.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Web site (excluding linked Web sites) is controlled by Cultivate Prayer from its offices within the Province of British Columbia, Canada. By accessing or using the Web site, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Web site and/or the Content shall be governed by the laws of the Province of BC and the laws of Canada, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof. You agree and hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Canada and/or the courts of the Province of BC with respect to such matters. You agree that the provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply.
Advertisement and Promotion
Please refrain from advertisements or promotions of personal websites, business or asking for money for any purpose. Users who persist in advertisement/promotion/asking for money will be banned.
This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
© Dr. Karen Braun, Cultivate Prayer, 2011-2017